Fabrication options often differ depending on a metal's hardness and other traits. Luckily, copper and copper alloys have features that make sheet metal fabrication fairly easy for companies that use the right equipment and processes.
Copper's Characteristics and Common Applications
Copper has several characteristics that make it a great option for sheet metal fabrication. Some of the most notable characteristics of copper include its:
- Malleable nature that makes it easy to shape.
- Excellent electrical and heat conductivity.
- Slow corrosion rate.
These features have encourages numerous industries to use copper for applications such as:
- Roofing and guttering.
- Making wires for electrical equipment and vehicles.
- Developing electromagnets, heat sinks, and vacuum tubes.
- Cables used in telecommunications equipment.
- Improving renewable energy technologies.
Before you can get the copper products that you need, though, you need to find a company with experience fabricating copper sheet metal. Otherwise, you run the risk of getting sheet metal that doesn't withstand the test of time.
Types of Copper Sheet Metal Fabrication
Blackstone Advanced Technologies provides a variety of copper sheet metal fabrication services to meet your needs. Some popular services include:
- Copper sheet metal forming
- Copper sheet metal bending
- Copper sheet metal rolling
- Copper sheet metal stamping
Copper Sheet Metal Bending
Blackstone's sheet metal bending machines make it possible for you to get copper sheet metal that has been:
- A specific bend radius
- The bend angle that you need for your sheet metal
- A bend located in a precise area of the copper sheet
Copper Sheet Metal Rolling
Rolling sheet metal involves putting sheets between two constantly spinning rolls. The process can:
- Reduce the thickness of your copper sheet metal
- Alter the grain structure of your copper sheet metal
Sheet metal rolling creates the risk of creating defects. Blackstone's experience in this area ensures that you get the services you need without errors that will affect your project.
Copper Sheet Metal Stamping
Blackstone uses two sheet metal stamping techniques: hydraulic and mechanic. The option used for your copper sheet metal will depend on a few factors, such as:
- The thickness of your copper
- The shape that you want stamped from the sheet
- Your project's budget's constraints
Custom fabrication projects may also involve:
When you choose a reliable, experienced company, you shouldn't have any problems with copper sheet metal fabrication.
Contact Blackstone today to learn more about your copper sheet metal fabrication options.